Getting started with beta testing
Requirements for beta testing
Please update to the latest firmware version before installing the beta firmware.
Installing Beta Firmware
- Open the ML:2 Control Panel in your web browser
- Navigate to the Firmware Updates page
- Look for the light grey text “Beta Code”. Click on this text to reveal the Beta Code section.
- Enter the beta code provided to you and press the Check For Beta button
- A firmware update button should appear above the Beta Code section. Click this to start the firmware installation. Your ML:2 will restart once the firmware is installed.
Reverting Back to the Main Public Firmware
- Go to the Beta Code section of the Firmware Update page.
- Click the Clear Code button
- A firmware update button should appear that will revert your system back to the latest official firmware version.
Available Beta Releases
Beta Code: tempo
Hold the + or – buttons down and the tempo will increment or decrement. The tempo change will accelerate as you continue to hold the button down.
Steps to Test
- Press Play to start the clock
- Press and hold the + or – button
- Observe the tempo increasing or decreasing
Questions to Answer
- Do the buttons behave how you wish they would? Does the tempo change accelerate fast enough or too fast whilst you hold the +/- button down?
- Did the firmware update change any settings unexpectedly? e.g. Output A’s PPQN value was set to 16 PPQN before the firmware update, after the update is was 4 PPQN
- No known issues